top of page

Building Permits

Dog Licenses

Dog Licenses

Projects which required a permit include, but are not limited to, installing fencing of any length, basement finishing, interior remodeling, siding your house or garage, adding a window, building additions, adding a shed to your property, commercial or non-profit organizations adding signs, etc.  Please contact the Village Hall to determine if a permit is required for your intended project.  You can view or download additional information by clicking the links: 

You can download and complete the following permit applications by clicking the links:

PLEASE NOTE:  If you are mailing a permit please include a self addressed stamped envelope.


For a list of fees for new construction click the link:

New Construction Fees

Blueprint Design
Building Inspector

RK Construction & Inspection Services, LLC.
610 11th Avenue
Grafton, WI 53024
Phone Number: 414-333-4511
Click to Email

All dogs must be licensed annually by April 1st, within 30 days of being acquired, or before they reach 5 months of age.  Dog Licenses can be obtained at the Village Hall during normal business hours.  The fee for a spade/neutered dog is $5.00 or $10.00 for unaltered dogs.  Owners must provide documentation of current rabies vaccination to receive a license.  Failure to obtain a dog license could result in penalties or citations.  Please click on the links for more information on dog licensing and pet ownership:

Village of Belgium Ordinance Chapter 93: Animals

Wisconsin State Statue § 174.05 through 174.09


Golf Carts, ATV's & UTV's

Golf Carts may operate on Village of Belgium streets, however they must be registered.  To register your golf cart, please complete the registration form which is available at Village Hall or can be downloaded from the link below.  Golf Carts must be inspected by the Village Marshal.  Please click on the link for more information on Golf Cart operation in the Village of Belgium. 

Village of Belgium Ordinance Chapter 262-18.10: Golf Carts

Golf Cart Registration Form


ATV's & UTV's may operate on Village Streets that have been designated with signage as ATV/UTV Routes.  ATV/UTV operation is governed by Village Ordinance 262-18.1-9 and Wisconsin Statute §23.33.  Please click on the links below for more information. 

Village of Belgium Ordinance Chapter 262-18.1-9

Wisconsin State Statue §23.33

Golf Carts

Transient Merchant Permits

The application for a Transient Merchant Permit shall be COMPLETELY filled out by the applicant, signed, notarized and returned with required information.


  • The application must be completely filled out with accurate information. Any material omission or materially inaccurate statement is grounds for refusal of registration.

  • The $50, nonrefundable fee is required at the time of returning the application.

  • The permit is valid for one year from date of registration by the Village Clerk.

  • A background check will be preformed.

  • Calling hours are limited to 9 am to 9 pm local time.

  • Any person adjudged in violation of any provision of this chapter shall forfeit not less than $25 nor more than $1,000 for each violation per day plus costs of prosecution. Each violation shall constitute a separate offense.

Please click the links for more information or to download the permit application:


Village of Belgium Ordinance Chapter 246

Transient Merchant Application

Alcohol & Tobacco Licenses

Trendy Bar

Businesses within the Village of Belgium that would like to sell or serve intoxicating liquor and fermented malt beverages or cigarettes and tobacco must be licensed according to the ordinances of the Village of Belgium and the laws of the State of Wisconsin.  Please click on the links for more information:

Annual Renewal Memo

Village of Belgium Ordinance Chapter 162

Pub 302 WI Alcohol Beverage and Tobacco Laws for Retailers

You can download the required applications from the Wisconsin Department of Revenue website by clicking this link:

DOR Retail Alcohol Beverage License Applications and Miscellaneous Forms (

Operator's Licenses are required for bartending. The application must be returned with the fee, a copy of your driver's license and a copy of your Responsible Beverage Service certificate which can be obtained after successfully completing a course at a technical college or online.  You can download and complete the required application by clicking the link:

Operator Application


An application Fee of $10.00 will be due for each operator, officer, agent, director and/or member listed on any application when submitted.  

bottom of page